Saturday, October 06, 2012

Last week of term

In the last week of term Chantelle and I went long lining at Puwheke with Pat and Edwin. It is a good way to relax after work. Especially when Pat did the hard work of paddling the kayak out with the line - twice! Chantelle cooked up some sausages on a beach bbq leaving me with little to do but take photos and drink tea with Edwin. We caught 3 fish on those 50 hooks. One pufferfish as shown in the photo. Not edible but beautiful in a grotesque sort of way with those spines. Also a small stingray and a small gurnard. As a wise woman once said, at least we were not relying on our trip to feed our families. Quite a luxury, but it has been a long hard stressful term so I for one do not feel guilty. The third picture shows my unsuccessful attempts to manipulate my little bee-hive. Apparently one can build up a bee colony at this time of year by feeding them a thick syrup of raw sugar. So far the wasps have appreciated this extra food, and once I got rid of them a large colony of ants moved in. The bees have turned up their probosci at my attempts to help them. Perhaps they see through the amateurish attempt at manipulation. Final picture is our rabbit. Nuff said.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page